Friday, April 17, 2009

I survived the most horrible winter

Soon I will be able to add a Published Work section to my resume. It will go nicely under all the minimum wage retail jobs and the glossed-over lack of a high school diploma, until I fail to mention high school altogether and just mention that I'm working on a degree.

On Wednesday I got an email from White Wall Review. They are publishing two of my poems under the pseudonym Patrick Walker-Nelson. That makes me a published poet times 9.

Today I went to Grant MacEwan College to chat up a student advisor. I think they are going to let me in.

4 comments:

emilyclare said...

Congratulations on being published again! I can just imagine you chatting up that student advisor... and may I ask why Patrick Walker-Nelson? (And why doesn't he make posts on the blog?)

Anonymous said...

Thanks!

Patrick Walker-Nelson because he is my p[a]wn. He doesn't make posts mostly because I was keeping him a secret, and also because many magazines won't publish anything that's available on the internet. Hence the few poems on And Beyond!

Anonymous said...

I remember you telling me about Patrick, I'm glad he's getting published. Also, congrats on making it into Macewan (they'd be crazy not to accept you.)

Lizzie Derksen said...

New blog! www.lizziederksen.blogspot.com