Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Insomnia



Although my written posts can stand on their own, I think, there is nothing wrong with a photograph of my friend Eden once in a while. I have shot the promised new photos, but they are currently trapped in my camera because something is wrong with my parents' comp's USB ports.

.
.

I wish I could post pictures of the secret-compartment pillow I designed. It's really neat. I think I'd like to start selling them. People would buy them and hide books in them.

The summer in review, with reference to the list I made a few months ago:

-I have read books, including Utopia by Thomas More, which was illogical and silly, and Way of All the Earth by Anna Akhmatova, which was badly translated, but included poems like The Guest, which is the most erotic poem I have ever encountered. I am in the middle of Six Not-So-Easy Pieces by Richard Feynman right now. It's a book on some basic but gorgeous physics [Relativity, Symmetry, Vectors, etc.].

-The frequency of hand-holding walks is up to a more acceptable level. We both enjoy them immensely and don't make excuses about it. I like this kind of physical contact with this person a lot, and he likes this kind of physical contact with me.

-I saw Richard III at an outdoor theater in July, and it was marvelous and funny.

-I haven't gotten a lot thinner, but I have gotten thinner. I feel more myself and less ugly.

-Money? I am rolling in it. I'll have enough for my first year of college by October, if I keep saving almost all I earn. I'm not saving every penny. It's lovely to have the freedom to buy project supplies and books [I bought The Fountainhead], and to be able to afford to pay for dates sometimes because I want to. I'm going to subscribe to Poetry Magazine - www.poetrymagazine.org - on Friday. People forget that the money they earn should be serving their own purposes, should be enabling them to do what they want to do and have the things they want to have.

-I don't need as much sleep as I thought I did. I sleep at odd hours.

I have interesting and exciting plans for the next few weeks. They include a Superstore shopping cart, vinyl, lumber, cloth, electricity, charcoal, paint, quinces, and other things. I'll update as the projects get started and finished.


I finished Tom - Tom #2. Email me soon if you'd like a copy. It's good, but not as good as I'd like. I'm extremely dissatisfied with my writing lately, which is a productive thing, because I'm working to make it better. But read the new zine.

The perseids peak tonight.

No comments: