Saturday, October 4, 2008

book bag

I am sick of sewing and every activity [such as slicing cloth with super-sharp shears] related to it. After nearly two weeks I've finished a new book bag, barely in time, since my old one now has thumb-sized holes in the bottom. The new one is everything a book bag should be: sturdy and huge. It's as plain as was possible without using only one color, but the three colors I did use - dark purple, bright blue, off-white - made the construction and design more obvious in an esthetically awesome way, and I prefer this type of beauty to printed fabric or added ornamentation. I haven't been so happy with anything I've made myself since a self-fastening envelope in August. If my comp's USB ports were working I would post pictures. Some of you will be lucky enough to see it in the flesh [cloth].

2 comments:

emilyclare said...

a book bag indeed - show us a photo of this delightful (And useful) creation!

Anonymous said...

Wow it sounds pretty, I love those colours. I can't wait to see it!